Citizens of Oregon have had enough with Governor Kate Brown’s shredding of our Oregon Constitution. Regularly we have Democrats stopping in at the Republican office in Pleasant Hill, Oregon. Their visit is not to protest the Republicans, it is to share their frustration with the Democratic Party and Governor Kate Brown. These registered Democrats along with Republican and Independents are asking if we are going to recall Kate Brown. Well, get ready for a second recall petition is in the final stages and we are preparing now for the relaunch as soon as the Secretary of States office reopens for filing. As we prepare, your help is needed.
Recall Kate Brown Volunteers Needed
A letter was received from Carol Williamson the County Party Liaison for Stop the Abuse – Recall Kate Brown. This letter stated in part:
The COVID-19 situation has delayed our filing of the second recall petition against Governor Kate Brown. Now, the prospects of collecting signatures is improving daily. We are in the final stages of preparing to launch Round 2 of the recall. Presenting a united front on removing a tyrannical Governor strengthens our party.
In her letter she went on to describe the need for volunteers to work, promote and provide locations for the recall petitions. These needs include though not limited to the following:
1. Point Person. Who will be the point person for your county? This person will be our main point of contact for all aspects of the recall campaign. It can be you are whoever you appoint to lead the petition campaign in your county. We need their name, email, and phone.
2. Regular Locations. What location(s) for collecting signatures? The locations need to have regular hours for signing, preferably several days a week. It can be your county party office, businesses in the cities in your county, and best of all, your post offices.
3. Facebook Group. Have you joined the Stop The Abuse-Recall Kate Brown group on Facebook? This is the only official Facebook page for the recall. The latest announcements and updates will be posted there first. Campaign resource links are also available in the group.
4. Local Printing. Is there a commercial printer in your area that you can recommend for printing the petition sheets? It is important that the petitions be printed with consistent quality. We will contact the printer and setup a billing arrangement so that during the petition signing drive you only need to pick blank petitions as needed.
5. Circulator Training. Who will coordinate training for your county? We will be scheduling training for petition circulators prior to and during the 90-day signature gathering period.
Several online meetings to be held in the next few weeks to provide additional details and answer questions you may have about the recall campaign. We will notify you as soon as they are scheduled.
To become involved, please contact The Lane County Republicans at 458-215-8218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you to stop tyranny and restore “consent of the governed” in Oregon.