Good Governance Requires Accountability
Stop the Abuse. Stop the Failure.
The people of Oregon recognize that government derives its just power from the consent of the governed. They therefore demand a Governor that honors the will of the voters and works for the good of all citizens, not just special interests and political agendas. They understand it is their right to alter government when it does not abide by these principles.
Governor Brown has subjected the people of Oregon to a long line of abuses of power while at the same time refusing to address their legitimate concerns. She has fostered a toxic political environment that stifles meaningful discourse. She has threatened retaliation against her own citizens when her political agenda is not successful in the legislature.
During and/or before the 2019 regular legislative session Governor Brown:
- Overturned the will of the voters by giving driver’s licenses to illegal aliens
- Overturned the will of the voters by reversing ballot measures that limited taxation
- Denied citizens the right to fully protect themselves as guaranteed by the Constitution
- Denied citizens protection from the growing domestic terrorist threat known as Antifa
- Attempted to deprive Oregon’s working families of jobs using faulty environmental policy
- Attempted to deprive Oregon’s families their right of medical and religious freedom
- Failed to address the PERS crisis that threatens the economy and government retirees
- Failed to protect Oregon’s foster children and failed to cooperate with investigations
- Used taxpayer money to launch frivolous million-dollar, politically -motivated lawsuits
- Repeatedly supported the use of the ” emergency clause” on non-emergency legislation (effectively denying the voters of Oregon a voice on legislation they opposed)
Governor Brown has threatened to usurp legislative power with executive orders to implement her failed legislation, thus circumventing our system of representative government and deciding for herself what is best for Oregon. Instead of changing minds she wants to change the rules, single-handedly.
Governor Brown has abused the office of governor and failed the people of Oregon.
The people of Oregon deserve and expect a Governor that honors the will of the voters and works for the good of all citizens, not just special interests and politically-motivated agendas.